It’s time for food and nutrition stories of the week… a compilation of news and notes I’ve seen out on the interwebs over the past week.
* Stolen from Post College Cook’s blog, she linked to the New York Times’ list of 100 Things Restaurant Staffers Should Never Do, Part 1 and Part 2. It’s a little snobby, but it does remind you of some terrible dining experiences.
* Why Exercise Doesn’t Lead to Weight Loss — also from the Times. This is sort of a “well no kidding” type of article. If you eat junk food every day, exercise won’t be able to keep up with all of it. You have to eat well and exercise. Did someone not pay attention in junior high health class?
* Glamour’s Rihanna exclusive. Not a food story obviously, but I wanted to include it. Good for her for speaking out against domestic violence. That takes real courage. Hopefully she will inspire women who are in similar situations to step forward.
* Cute blog post on the Glamour Web site about a new cookbook for vegetarians in relationships with meat lovers.
* A look at the financial stability of Whole Foods. Has it passed its prime?