I had this insane idea this morning after reading What’s Megan Making.
I’m going to make 12 cookie recipes this December and do my own 12 Days of Christmas Cookies. Though there is a good chance this will affect my sanity and waistline, I figured I don’t really have a ton of other opportunities to go crazy in the kitchen baking wise.
Between parties, gifts and some donations to the food pantry and Ronald McDonald House, I think I have plenty of places to bake for.
So, I confess to spending part of my day searching for Christmas recipes, also seeking some input from my coworker Kyle. I’m using a mix of family recipes plus ones I’ve found online. Here’s my preliminary list of cookies.
1. Peanut Butter Blossoms — Press Center potluck (Mom’s recipe)
2. Bon Appetit Cookies — Lynn’s party
3. Pecan Snowballs — Ronald McDonald House
4. 7 layer — New Years Party (Mom’s Recipe)
5. Gingerbread — Ronald McDonald
6. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip — Gift for my friend Andrea in the Peace Corps (Mom’s recipe)
7. Sugar Cookies — Ronald McDonald
8. No Bake Cookies — Me/The office
9. Macadamia Nut — Food Pantry
10. Peanut butter chocolate bars — New Years (Mom again)
11. Thin Mints — Food Pantry
12. Pumpkin cookies — Company Christmas party