I can’t believe I am even awake and coherently typing this morning, but here I am. As mentioned previously, my job has been insane lately, and it just got crazier! The Florida Legislature debated from 1 p.m. until 10 p.m. on Wednesday and then 3 p.m. Thursday until 2:46 a.m. Now, who thought that was a good idea?!
After four hours of sleep, I made it back into work for a 9:30 a.m. meeting Friday and a full day of work. But, it was capped off with a trip to one of my favorite Tallahassee spots, The Wine Loft. 🙂 Nothing like some red wine to top off a tough week.
So yeah, that chicken salad did not get made, but I’m going to try to make it this afternoon. At least that is the plan. Though sitting in my pajamas all day and reading or watching movies sounds good too.
Anyway, I did want to share a few newsy notes with you from the week in food.
* First off, Self Magazine talks up the benefits of blueberries (I’m not a huge blueberry fan, but every once in a while, I eat them), and the Associated Press’ medical writer reports on a new study that found eating chocolate can reduce heart risk. While I can go without blueberries, chocolate and I are old friends. If chocolate was the sole ingredient to having a healthy heart, I’d be in great shape. 😉
* The USDA advise not to wash meat before you cook it. Noted.
* The Montreal Gazette reviews Now Eat This, by Rocco Dispirito, a cookbook that healthifies (yes, I just made up a word) high calorie snacks and meals.
* A guide to cooking oils by the Chicago Tribune. Not that extensive, but a good tip sheet.
* The Washington Post food section does a live chat with readers to solve their cooking conundrums and I just realized this today when I was poking around the site. I figured I’d post the transcript, which also has some pretty great links, including this one about dairies. Have you ever used their recipe finder before? I found my favorite risotto recipe there. It’s amazing.
OK, I’m off to run a bunch of errands and maybe sneak in some exercise. Hope you all have a fabulous day!