Eesh, I don’t want to be awake yet!
So, I’m compromising by blogging in my pajamas. The gym and errands will be gotten to eventually. 🙂
Not much to report today, so, let’s just go straight to the news.
* First, recipes. Pioneer Woman, you steal my heart with this portabello-prosciutto burger. I want one right now. And for dessert, I want Alison’s peach crumble. This tomato dinner also looks pretty tasty.
* Washington Post’s ‘Cooking for One’ columnist Joe Yonan advises readers to make friends with the shallot, basically, because it is smaller than an onion.
* USDA is launching a pilot program creating incentives to eat fruits and veggies. For whatever reason, my mom and dad never struggled to get Sarah or I to eat fruits and vegetables, something that occasionally amazed other adults. We loved getting the salad bar when we were little. So, that being said, I guess I’m always surprised when people say they don’t like to eat vegetables.
* You’ve heard of a chili cook-off, but what about one for jambalaya? Count me in! Well, at least for the eating! I’m taking a stab at jambalaya later this week.
* A former Rocky Mountain News food editor becomes an advocate for healthy eating, the Denver Post reports.
OK< that’s all for me. Happy Sunday to you all!