Happy October 1!
Wow, the time is flying by.
I’m almost ready to head out to the airport, so I can go to my friend Ashley’s wedding this weekend. So excited. Anyway, I’ve made the decision to not take my laptop with me. Shocking, I know. But, I decided two books and a notebook would be a better idea.
So, since I will be lacking my computer, I’m doing the news update now.
* The pumpkin shortage is over. Thank goodness.
* The Healthy School lunch bill is running into trouble because it cuts into funding for food stamps. Even supporters of First Lady Michelle Obama’s fight against obesity are having trouble with cutting people’s food stamps.
* Former Gourmet editor Ruth Reichl is joining Random House.
* The Food and Wine Festival opens at Epcot. (Road trip anyone?)
* A new way of looking at food on the go. A Washington Post writer goes behind the scenes with food trucks in the D.C. metro area.
OK, that’s it. Off I go to Illinois! See you Sunday night!