Geez, how did it get this late in the day? I’ve got a chicken in the crock pot (more on that in a future blog post) and a to-do list that still hasn’t quite been accomplished. I did manage to get homemade French toast and a spin class out of the day so far, so it hasn’t been a total loss. 🙂
Anyway, food news for the new year!
* Can you spot the healthier cereal, asks Women’s Health? I was five for 11, which according to the quiz means I’m a cereal scanner, or the person who looks at maybe two things in the nutrition label and continues on.
* How to avoid airport food, by the Huffington Post. Some airports are better than other for foods (Atlanta for example), but sometimes you just get stuck with the prepacked sandwich where the plastic-like cheese is already kind of melted. Gross.
* Alison’s top 10 recipes of the year at Post College Kitchen.
* Five New Year’s resolutions for foodies, from the Atlantic (though by a Bon Appetit employee).
* Sometimes, you just want a grilled cheese sandwich.
* A foodie cleanse from Bon Appetit for those who had a little too much sugar this holiday season (definitely me — I can’t turn down cookies).
* Vegan cooking for dummies from the Scene. I can’t even bring myself to go vegetarian, so I have no idea how people go vegan. (I like a good steak. I can’t help it.) But, one of my new year’s goals was to cook more veggie entrees, so I’m always up for suggestions.
OK, that’s it. I’ll let you know how the chicken turns out!