Weird title, I know.
You’ll see why in a second, I promise.
But, first, there must be some celebrating because the Steelers beat the Ravens yesterday in a far too stressful game.
OK, now back to food news. 🙂
* This article is seriously cracking me up. McDonald’s is in trouble in Vermont because a maple oatmeal doesn’t actually have any maple in it. Only in Vermont would this be an issue.
* Wanna make your own thin mints? Self Magazine came up with an easy, not-too-caloric recipe for those of you who can’t wait until the end of February to get your hands on some. I’m personally a fan of the samoas, but I’d never turn down a thin mint.
* Ways to keep your grocery bill down from the Baltimore Sun. I’m fairly good at keeping mine in check, but every once in a while, I come up with a few recipes that require crazy stuff.
* As expected, the cold weather has severely diminished Florida’s orange crop for this year.
* Some healthy habits from Cooking Light. Such a surprise in a January issue. I’d love to see a January magazine that has decadent desserts showcased instead of salad and ab exercises, just to see if the sales would change.
* Whole grain pancakes from the New York Times.
OK, I really need to get out of my big comfy chair now and work on my to-do list. Happy Sunday!