I’ve been a blogging fail the past week, mostly because I have not cooked anything remotely new or done anything exciting.
I was in a cooking and exercise rut. I pretty much went to work and came home to relax on the couch for the past two weeks.
But I seemed to pull out of it this weekend, with almost 12 miles of walking, a trip to see Argo (go see it now!) and cooking a delicious chicken parmesan last night. (Watching the Godfather Part II Sunday afternoon meant we needed Italian for dinner).
So, now that I’m all back to normal, here are some links to things you should read and/or watch. Enjoy!
* How can you not have a soft spot for Charlotte’s Web? My friend Rachel, who is a art history grad student/bartender/National Endowment of the Arts intern extraordinaire, posted this item on E.B. White.
* The delicious chicken parm recipe I used from Simply Recipes.
* The Center for Public Integrity offers a presidential debate preview.
* The Atlantic looks at the Cuban Missile Crisis, 50 years later.
* The Slate Culture Gabfest is a great listen when you have some time.
And finally, my grad school pal Ken did a video “review” of 50 Shades of Grey at the request of some of his friends. I have not read the book and do not intend to, but this is hilarious.