Happy Birthday to me!!
This is kind of cheesy, but as my sister knows, I like lists. So, here are 28 goals for my 28th year.
We’ll see how many I actually do. 🙂
- Read 28 new books
- Go to Disney World! (I haven’t been there since I was 8)
- Make a lasagna (I don’t know, for some reason I have never made one.)
- Run a 5K
- Visit my sister in Los Angeles
- Watch two close friends, Stephanie and Kim, make it down the aisle at their respective weddings
- Reunite with awesome grad school pal Andrea. We haven’t seen each other in more than three years because she was off in the Peace Corps!
- Jot down things I’m thankful for once per week
- Give yoga a serious try, as opposed to what I did in college when I took it for my gym credit
- Fix the chaos that is my backyard
- Paint my kitchen
- Make a cake and the icing from scratch. I have a love for Duncan Hines mixes.
- Blog every day
- Learn to crochet
- Send a hand written note once per month
- Do a thorough de-cluttering of the house and take unnecessary things to Goodwill
- Write at least five freelance articles
- Walk the 17-mile St. Marks Trail (That’s a big one, but my friend Lynn and I’ve been talking about it for two years now)
- Learn one of the following: Paddle boarding, skiing or snow shoeing
- Make a new non-journalism friend
- Do 10 regular pushups (I’ve always been terrible at pushups)
- Visit a new city
- Take my vitamins every day
- Redecorate the bedroom
- Get a membership to either a gym that has a pool or a pass to the city pools for the summer
- Learn video editing
- Send out Christmas cards