I’m home sick today, trying to rest and also let a bum foot heal. I aggravated it this weekend on a 12 1/2 mile hike with my friend Lynn (we may have gotten a little lost on some badly marked trails).
But, this weekend was full of fun. There was the hike, a wine tasting hosted by friends Kat and Mike and dinner with my former coworker Tonya, who is in Tallahassee for the legislative session.
There were also flowers thanks to a 3 for $10 deal at Whole Foods.
* Have too much fun this weekend? Shape has a detox plan for you.
* Gray and I became obsessed with True Detective. Give Matthew McConaughey the Emmy right now. I agree the finale did not tie up all the plot lines, but I still loved it.
* Speaking of HBO shows, a new Game of Thrones trailer is out. I didn’t have HBO until Gray moved in and wanted it. But now, I can’t imagine not having it.We watch HBO more than any other channel, it seems.
* Boston is gearing up for this year’s marathon and trying to calm fears. (WSJ article.) Gray’s cousin ran the race last year, but luckily is very fast and was already across the finish line and back at her hotel when the bomb exploded.
* 5 pivotal decisions that can make or break your career (via Forbes)
* A NY Times op-ed on what it means to be Catholic now. I’m not Catholic, but the new Pope and the world’s reaction to him intrigues me.