This weekend, Gray helped me meet one of the goals I set for my 28th year. (It was a few days past my 29th bday, but that doesn’t matter.)
We went to Disney World!
And I acted like a little kid when I saw the castle in the distance. I squealed, “there’s the castle.’ About two seconds after that came out of my mouth, a little girl walking in front of us shrieked out the same sentence.
Yeah, a little kid and I had the same reaction to seeing the Magic Kingdom. I can handle it.
I hadn’t been since I was 8, so I was overdue for a visit. And Gray surprised me with tickets for my birthday.
That got me thinking about all of the other goals I had set last year on my 28th birthday.
So, this year I:
* Read 28 books
* Went to Disney World
* Made a lasagna
* Stood up in my friend Kim’s wedding
* Reunited with one of my grad school bff’s Andrea
* Painted the kitchen
* Give yoga a serious try (I probably should only get a half on that one. I’ve gone a few times.)
* Send out Christmas cards
* Get a membership to a gym with a pool ( I joined the Y for the summer, but quit because the pool was always so packed that swimming laps was almost impossible unless you arrived when it opened at 8 a.m.)
* Visit a new city (Does Fort Myers for a wedding count?)
* Declutter the house and donate items to Goodwill
* Make one non journalism friend
But, I didn’t get to all my goals. I didn’t:
* Run a 5K (I was supposed to, but it was canceled due to weather)
* Take my vitamins daily (sigh)
* Blog daily (sigh again)
* Learn to crochet
* Visit my sister in LA (I bought my ticket though! Going this Memorial Day.)
* Learn video editing
* Write a note by hand to someone once per month (I’ve written a few, but not one per month)
* Do 10 regular pushups
* Walk the 17-mile St. Marks Trail (foot injury derailed that one)
* Write five freelance articles (Well, I did one)
* Make a cake from scratch ( I looked up recipes)
* Redecorate the bedroom
* Fix the chaos that is my backyard (it’s a work in progress)